E-liquid is the fluid which fuels the Electronic Cigarette and it provides the nicotine solution and the flavoring to your Electronic Cigarette. It is the vapor in that you can exhale which mimics the traditional tobacco smoke. It is vaporized by a battery powered atomizer to produce the same sensation of smoking. They have two major ingredients such as an atomizing base and flavoring. The Liquid nicotine is included in solutions intended to fulfill a nicotine replacement role while zero-nicotine formulas are designed for smokers who are looking to get rid of the addictive substance but they don’t want to give up the ritual and when the e-juice becomes too thick for vaping, additives such as distilled water, pure grain alcohol or vodka are used to dilute the solution. The most common diluents used in electronic cigarette e-liquids are vegetable glycerin, polyethylene glycol four hundred and propylene glycol, and then all the three liquid bases are common food additives used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations.
- Propylene glycol – It is used as a flavoring carrier in food products and as an ingredient in food coloring as well as it also used as an additive in various medicines.
- Vegetable glycerin – It is a sweet, thick, vegetable based liquid and hundred percent vegetable glycerin bases are very thick and hard to smoke effectively. They are non toxic.
Flavors for electronic cigarettes
E-liquids are available in a wide variety of tobacco flavors such as Virginia tobacco, American light tobacco, clove, Turkish tobacco and a Cuban cigar. The menthol in the most popular flavored cigarette and e-liquids offer so many menthol variants in peppermint, spearmint, ice, fresh mint and green tea. It containing nicotine are available in different concentrations such as
- Solutions in low strength usually contain six to ten milligrams of nicotine per milliliter of liquid.
- Medium strength liquids have equivalent to light cigarettes contain ten to fourteen mg/ml of nicotine.
- High strength liquids are similar to regular tobacco and contain sixteen to eighteen mg/ml of nicotine.
- Extra-high strength juices are comparable to unfiltered cigarettes and it may contain twenty-four to thirty-six mg/ml of nicotine.
The actual amount of nicotine is printed on the bottle or packaging and the large doses of nicotine can be lethal so make sure to stay within the safe in limits. Many e-juices will have an expiration date and manufacture date on the bottle so been sure to keep e-liquid out of reach of children and pets.